Pulse Insights is transforming the way that companies collect customer data and to optimize their business. Join our team to help clients become more customer-centric and successful! And it’s also a pretty darn good place to work if we do say so ourselves.
Client Success Senior Manager
Day in the life
This morning, you’re kicking off an onboarding call with a new client. Your goal: build trust, communicate the implementation process, answer questions as they come up, and generally ensure the new client has a frictionless experience getting live with Pulse Insights over the coming weeks. To do so, you put on your client relationship management and project management hats to make everything run smoothly during and after the call. During the call, you recommend some common starting points but also listen closely to what each brand is looking to accomplish and then synthesize our notes from the conversation into learning plan.
After the kickoff call, you have a handful of client-related tasks to complete:
- One of your clients has a readout meeting early next week, so you begin looking at their latest survey results in preparation of creating the client deck. You collect your thoughts about the implications of the results and think through what subsequent survey questions can help the client get an even deeper knowledge of customer needs.
- Another client is close to launching a new study. You log into our platform to make some minor changes so you can send test/preview links to get client approval to launch.
- Finally one client had a complex technical question, so you briefly meet with the tech implementation team to determine how to respond.
- You finish negotiating the last few terms of a renewal SOW and send it out to your client for signature.
After lunch, you look through your client roster to look for opportunities to proactively engage and show value to your clients. First, you ensure survey response volume is acceptable and make suggestions (internally and to the client) if you recommend any enhancements. One idea you have to help clients level-up their program is to integrate their Voice of Customer with their Test & Learn programs, so you reach out and suggest a meeting to go over the opportunity.
To finish up the day, you set some things in motion from your kickoff call: you send the integration guide that gives client tech teams what they need to get Pulse Insights live. You brief the implementation team on the clients’ needs. And you create a project plan from our onboarding template to keep everyone on the same page in order to shepherd a successful launch.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Client Relationship Lead – you’ll be the day-to-day point of contact handling inbound requests for new analysis work to be done, question updates/edits. You’ll be a trusted advisor for the client.
- Project Management – both onboarding and continuing engagement success by uncovering new opportunities for learning and leveraging the platform.
- Client engagement: you’ll proactively generate ideas for what would help clients get maximum value from Pulse Insights and follow them through to execution.
- Drive renewals by delivering value – as you continuously drive value during the year, clients will renew for subsequent years. You’ll manage the renewal process including negotiating SOWs with the client.
- Lead key meetings including Readouts and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Dig into client results (moderate: you’ll have internal support for advanced analytics) and create stories from their data to help them inform decisions they need to make.
- Platform changes (basic – you’ll have internal support for complex changes): you’ll log into our platform to make changes on behalf of clients including targeting, formatting, and copy/logic.
- Basic QA (moderate: you’ll have internal support for complex situations): you’ll collaborate with clients to confirm data is showing up in the platform and that the survey formatting look correct. As needed, you’ll engage specialists to help you through more complex situations.
What is the opportunity for you?
You will be responsible for transforming our current clients into champions! Your job will be highly cross-functional. You will not only work closely with our clients to understand and address their business needs, but also interface with our sales, product and engineering teams very closely to make sure our clients are successful and advocates. We hope you’re excited by challenges a growing company offers, a lot of autonomy, and the prospect of shaping how we interact with our clients at Pulse Insights.
What will I be doing?
- Own a roster within Pulse Insights’s growing customer base; build a strategy to manage the engagement and success of our clients
- Become a product champion! Develop best practices to share across clients helping them get maximum value from Pulse Insights’ functionality and approach
- Interface closely with sales, product and engineering teams to share client feedback, resolve escalations, deliver outstanding client experiences and have a direct impact on the product roadmap based on customer needs
- Drive engagement and establish strong relationships with our clients
- Develop an understanding of our clients’ goals and work to help them reach a high level of satisfaction with the product
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re a strong communicator who can distill order from complexity
- You get your kicks from keeping things running smoothly
- You value helping clients become the best versions of themselves — that is helping them to become more customer centric and to inform key business decisions from customer needs
- You are excited by the startup environment! You want to contribute to fine-tuning the structure and process to scale the customer success & advocacy team
Bonus points for:
- Having prior experience as a customer success / relationship manager at an enterprise SaaS company
- Having relevant industry experience in Customer Feedback Management/Voice of Customer
Consultant, VoC Strategy & Insights
New York, Boston, Salt Lake City, or Remote
Who you are
You believe in and have passion for analyzing customer feedback data together with clients to solve their toughest business challenges. You are curious by nature; analytical, creative, energetic with a bias toward action, and you get excited when there’s a problem to solve.
In this role you will be responsible for creating solutions that harness the power and inspiration of Voice of Customer (VoC) data. You are excited by the possibility of combining art and science in the interest of problem solving against business objectives. You possess an uncanny ability to actively listen, ask the right questions, and articulate the true nature of the challenge and possible outcomes. You can’t wait to develop a solution to that challenge and you jump at the chance to creatively combine your knowledge of methods and arsenal of techniques and tools to do just that. You don’t stop there because you know that you have to design a plan that works, getting the right answer in the right amount of time to ensure the results are relevant. You also have the ability to sift through mounds of qualitative data across multiple research activities, uncover the insights hidden beneath the surface, and bring them to life for your clients. However, you aren’t satisfied with just learning what consumers say or do. You elevate the findings by interpreting what they mean for clients in terms of business strategy and what actions they should take as a result. You function best in a collaborative work environment coaching, mentoring and sharing with junior and senior staff alike. Most importantly, you are looking to make a difference every day at a growing, dynamic company.
What you’ll do
As a Consultant, VoC Strategy & Insights, you will demonstrate your creative fortitude and solid, strategic thinking through:
Lead client discussions to define objectives by actively listening and asking the right questions
Become immersed in not only the client’s business but also the customer’s perspective, in order to bring creative ideas to the client organization
Devise creative, focused and effective activities, projects and frameworks that generate insights or foster consumer collaboration
Design a project plan with the right amount of time allotted to yield great insights and resonant reports
Devise a plan that allows for iterations and depth when needed, including known parameters, methodology and timeline
Display versatility in writing styles and formats (e.g., from quick team emails to C-suite communications), effectively adapting your writing to diverse audiences
Collaborate with clients and Client Services and Consulting teams to gather and translate business priorities and objectives into effective research plans and compelling, actionable reports
“Own the insights” on your client accounts; show strategic thinking for your clients and be adept at not merely sharing findings and insights, but at providing business recommendations and sharing a voice in plans for action
Demonstrate deep analytic thinking and curiosity by continuously looking for opportunities to build your stories and conversations with clients (e.g., surfacing unanswered questions relevant to client objectives, incorporating knowledge of industry trends into reports to place insights into broader, more meaningful context)
Analysis & Reporting
Conduct in-depth analyses of qualitative and quantitative results to uncover actionable insights relevant to client business and research objectives
Craft creative, clear and concise stories. Elevate findings into insightful reports that bring the voice of the consumer to life
Utilize a variety of visual elements in reports including charts, graphs, imagery and other creative techniques to highlight key insights and engage readers
Present findings to clients and lead discussions regarding insights and their impact on the business to ultimately inspire clients to act on those learnings
Work alongside team members to develop and maintain excellent relationships with business clients
Develop and proactively manage facilitation plans to meet client and team expectations
Participate in internal initiatives to develop company points of view, thought leadership, innovative techniques and formats
Develop and deliver internal company training as part of the implementation of company points of view and best evolving practices on analysis and reporting
Desired Skills and Experience
5-9 years of professional experience in Brand Planning, Market Research, Consumer Insights, Brand Management or Strategy
BA/BS degree in business or related social science discipline
Proven passion and experience in project design and planning to garner insight or foster collaboration and innovation across a number of topics and industries
Experience in writing, copy editing and narrative development
Demonstrated understanding of qualitative and quantitative research design and analysis
Ability and interest in writing insightful, creative reports that can satisfy a researcher’s need for detailed analysis yet be packaged in a way that engages a senior-level marketing audience
A confident and clear presenter, who is at ease with diverse audiences
Excellent and proven time management skills; the ability to set priorities and manage expectations
Strong client relationship and consulting skills
Positive, team player with a roll up your sleeves, service-oriented attitude
Thrives in a fast-paced, intense work environment and is accepting of change
Experience mentoring/coaching others
Strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel, Word and particularly PowerPoint)
Boston, New York
We are looking for a Sales Director to lead our enterprise sales strategy to bring Pulse Insights’ unique Voice of Customer platform into global Fortune 1000 companies.
The Sales Director Will:
Be responsible for driving net new business and deepening relationships with existing clients
Recruiting sales staff
Onboarding tools and processes to drive sales efficiency
Mentoring sales staff to develop leaders
Manage sales staff
A Typical Week Might Include
Responding to an RFI/RFP
Building a relationship with a prospective customer
Hosting a networking happy hour with local business leaders
Working with the marketing team to fine tune the type of leads that come in
Interviewing sales staff
Delivering a sales presentation outlining our unique approach to Voice of Customer collection
Negotiating and closing deals
Implementing a new SaaS software tool to help drive sales efficiency